The Penguins have been moving at full speed since Sunday morning to apologize and make up to the fans for what has been a long and almost unnecessary process to finalize a deal to end the lockout.
After issuing an apology to all fans the other day the Pens went back on the attack today issuing a statement that during the first 4 games they are going to offer free selected concessions and half off all merchandise at CEC. According to the Pens site all fans will receive vouchers to receive three of the following items for free: hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, salads and good ole fashion soda pop.
They are also holding a week long promotion with the following items:
- A pair of tickets to every home game during the 2013 regular season
- A road trip for two to see the Penguins play the Rangers in New York City (airfare, accommodations, tickets)
- Three autographed jerseys – one each from Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury
- Four seats in the first row at the home opener, including dinner in the Lexus Club and limo service to and from the game
- Two five-game mini-plans
- Six lower bowl tickets to any regular season game
- $700 of merchandise at PensGear
So what do you think are the Penguins doing enough to make you forget about the past 4 months. We seem to think so.